Saturday 7 September 2013

What an earth have I done ? Work load increased!!


After passing the test for lorry mounted fork lift. I've bitten off a lot more than I bargained for. 

The work has increased by around 50 % 
but the wages by around 5%. 

Lots of work and very little play, thats the story of my new role at work.

We run out of a well known national tile company and they just happen to be situated in the countrys most inaccessible locations.

As well as awkward pallet sizes and shop locations , its also a full time job just getting loaded and getting out of there in the mornings.

This is my new piece of kit and yes I think its loaded on wrong as well. This picture was taken on my first day and I was told to keep the chains slack.
I have since been told to keep the truck level and the chains tight.

I arrive at the drop  after a three hour drive, then work for an hour, taking off tiles, putting empty pallets back on, then I drive for another hour and do it all again and again and again.
Then I drive home. Another three hours. 

I have a bunk in the truck, a rather nice 32 tonne scania, but I never get to lay on it.

The odd night out will be a welcome event rather than a chore now.

Enjoy the small post on here and then can anyone spot the classic at the bottom of the page.


  





4 comments:

  1. BMW 3.0 litre CSL circa 1971-73

    ReplyDelete
  2. and the one with the red door is even rarer, no sunroof.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to pull a trailer that had a fork lift on the back end, to deliver wheelie bins, the only difference being was, you could not sit on it, but had to walk behind it.

    Good luck,

    Pete (Lisa Turland's dad)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought a 2002 Turbo perhaps but 3.0 CSL is a good shout.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.