Thursday 12 September 2013

London! Is it all that ?





I have had the misfortune of having to drive a 32 tonne truck around central London, complete with M3 Moffett.


It's a long day and a long struggle to complete a full day within your hours and without getting into any trouble.

Its also extremely difficult just to get through all the jobs given to me without damaging anything.

There is so many things that can go wrong, 

Parking the truck at the destinations is the first hazzard I come across, weight limits, red routes,ridiculous access points, bus lanes all conspire to ruin your day.

If I'm lucky enough to get anywhere near the door I have the next problem.

Pedestrian's. 

They are all made of metal surely because they just swarm around the truck the minute I park it and get the moffett off. I'm sitting on a 2 tonne machine with spikes pointing out of it over 2 metres long and they just step out in front of you or worse , behind you. 

Cyclists don't bother me in London though because I just assume they are all mad. You would have to be to risk death so many times in a day. Every day. 

I'm wrapped up in 12 tonnes of truck and I'm terrified. Imagine being a scrap of Lycra away from certain death. 



A2 closed , I was doing really well until then. 

Last drop was just off Tower bridge. 
Weight limit means we have to go the long way round. 

Shard is everywhere you look. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.