Sunday 17 March 2013

Eat My Shorts !

I have been a driver of Hgv's for over 5 years now and it has dug me out of more than a few holes.

When I have been out of ideas and up against the wall , I have been lucky enough to be able to grab a few shifts and earn a decent living for the family.

I was driving full time and was ties to the company, every early start and late night was less time at home and less time away from my wife and kids so I decided to try something else and become more of a husband and father and less of a lorry driver.

It went OK for a while but as the weeks past, I was earning less and less and eventually I had to admit defeat and go back to driving again.

I only do it on my terms now and that means being able to say no to certain shifts if something important is happening , like a child's birthday or a school sports day, or a parents evening, stuff I was previously missing.
It doesn't always make financial sense to miss these shifts but it makes sense for our home life, My wife gets help with the kids, I get to see them more and they get to find out that I am really that grumpy all the time. Its sort of a win win !

Eat My Shorts ! 


After a lot of snow I was delivering here and hoping it wouldn't get any worse.









Trying to get unloaded after a long shift has got to be one of the worst things ever. watching a forklift going back and forwards  to the bins isn't helping my mood either !!



Hazardous loads are my thing! but I had to be creative with my security tags when this sign failed !


Customer wanted truck to garage service.
Heathrow, in fact any airport, has always fascinated me.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.