Tuesday 11 September 2012

The ultimate standby shift and the sulky scot ! (not that one)

Being freelance,you have to take whatever work you can get, so when asked to be put on standby on Sunday night,I had to agree.

It was a long night, mainly spent waiting for the phone to ring and inevitably it didn't, until the afternoon.

I had a job to Glasgow, leaving now and take this tonne of whole tail scampi to a factory that urgently needed it at 10 o clock that night.

Funny then , that when I got there they had no idea why I was there or what I was delivering.

Glasgow charm all wrapped up in a white lab coat and wellies ! He didn't want to help but luckily his forklift driver did, eventually.
She went on a break at 9 pm, just as I arrived and came to unload me at 10.

After my warm Scottish welcome I was
looking forward to listening to another famously friendly and cheerful scot playing in the American open tennis championship.

It was epic, and apart from long gaps in transmission as I passed from Scotland to England, I heard nearly every ball.
Murray was immense and deserved to win and I owe him one for making my long standby shift one to remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.