Friday 21 September 2012

Reunited with an old flame

I was back at work yesterday in a dog of a truck, 7.5 tonner with no proper gear stick and a tendency to refuse to go into any gear coming out of roundabouts so imagine my delight when I heard the news that I was driving my old lorryday day partner and sidekick in most of my previous posts.

FPL is the only 12 tonner in the fleet and gets her fair share of hard shifts but I used to love her.

I sometimes catch my self staring jealously at her parked up in the yard those cold wet mornings when I'm climbing into some other , time ravaged work horse.

We went every where together and now , here I am again.
But I'm a stranger .
There are new gadgets. New stickers.
New smells and ugh , new stains !!!
But apart from a few extra small battle
scars , underneath she is the same .

Other truck have come and gone and even more will come and go but I'll always have a soft spot for FPL, my first !!
Abandoned pub in London
Homeward on the M1 , just after my 45 minute break at Newport pagnell 
Delivery to a film set in London
My "warehouse" delivery in London before 7 am , newsagent !!! and closed 
My 9 am Swiss cottage is now a Volvo Garage !! , ( its down the tunnel on the left actually !!
They appear like flies at every traffic light in London and josstle for position 
Not the shortest,or fastest shorcut I have ever taken but it was very scenic !
My Old Flame has been desecrated with this monstrosity!!! never in my day !  
Ha Ha my shopping on the way home , very healthy ! but 4 of the eggs were broke !! I didn't check ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.