Wednesday 19 September 2012

No work Wednesday

Booked all week but after two days it seems that the recession has caught up with me.

I don't mind mind missing a days work really, the money will be missed of course but it can become such a hard slog, out in the dark and back in the dark as well.

News reports have kept me riveted since Tuesday.
Nothing keeps you informed as much as 5 live when a big story breaks in the UK and I just can't get enough of the information they give you.

My day at work was another Palletways day but this one was a lot different to the last trundle.

The 7.5 ton routes just seem to be a lot harder than the bigger trucks.
Pedestrian routes and shopping centres are a nightmare. Why not design them to accept deliveries from any thing bigger than a rickshaw?

It is simply stupid that a modern shopping centre in the middle of a reasonably large town is just not accessible. Pallet trucking 700 kilo pallets down paved, pedestrian areas is not right.

Not being at work is also a good excise to catch up on chores around the house so my garage, garden and car all got a good going over. The rain nearly ruined a decent wash day but I was just in time, and the kids got to see me at my best ( in the morning ) and my worst ( school run ) !

Picking them up from school is really good though as it gives my wife a well deserved break from rushing backwards and forwards fetching them.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.