Monday 17 September 2012

Monday came around too soon

A long week and a very hectic weekend meant that 04:30 Monday 17th September 2012 came around much to quickly.

4 presses of the snooze button later and at ten past five I was stood in the bathroom wondering why it was only four hours since I was last here.

I had a 7 am Redditch and made it with time to spare.

I did have to open up the curtain to allow the unloader access to the pallets though because they has been Jammed on.

It seemed a pretty simple run on paper with a 9 am in Bromsgrove, only 15 miles away. That is until you try to get to it.

It's right in the middle of the forest, walks and public footpaths everywhere but not much room for a lorry.

The gate was locked but after a call to the office, a white van appeared and were' in.

Three pallets taken off with the tailift and then I'm away again.

Back to base with the promise of a delivery to Doncaster waiting.

I get the delivery on at 11.30 but looking at my notes I realise it's booked in at 3.30 pm.

That's a long wait by the lake but never mind.

Im still here so this post might suddenly deteriorate into rant mode if things go wrong but so far, so good.

Even though it's been a long day I'm ok with today........... For now. ........

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.