Sunday 22 August 2010

A place called Wales

 I was out early every day last week but escaped with only one night out which I spent parked up on the M5.
After a few days in Norfolk were I saw these American Strong box vans I was asked to deliver 5 pallets of cash registers.







 The delivery notes looked like a foreign language and I found out that apparently there is a place in England called Wales. They have their own language and  everything. Motorways, A roads , even MacDonald's.
One thing they don't have though is reception. Not when I got to where the sat nav said this delivery should be anyway. I looked everywhere for this strange address I had been given, asked locals (scary) and even drove up to higher ground to try and get a signal on the work phone, the iPhone and even the MDT unit in the cab but it was like I had left the planet. Nothing could get through. I would have to use my common sense and survive on my wits. (I was Doomed). 















I arrived at this tractor graveyard and decided to try my luck with another local. As I approached their land my stomach knotted as I heard the ferocious barking of some wild thing they had roaming around behind the gate.

I wisely waited on the other side of the gate as I tried to explain that the address I was looking for was around here somewhere and that this was the postcode I had. I showed her the postcode and she snorted in disgust.

"Cheeky Buggers" she said "that's our postcode" We've been here over a 1000 years, how dare they steal it ? I wasn't aware of the postcode directory dated back to the doomsday book but I didn't think that now was the time to argue. "Tony" she shouted , "these people have been using our postcode"  "Cheeky buggers" he shouted back

I decided to smile , nod my head and agree while they discussed a new building up a lane on the left that may be the post code thieves address.I said my thanks and left. Phew that was hard work.

This was the lane so I was looking for a new building, well one built in the last 1000 years anyway.




 I found the place in the end and it was at the end of this lane, it was a hundred year old cottage. with a shed at the end of a turning circle the size of a farthing. Great.












 I did eventually escape that place called Wales though and managed to get back where the phone reception works and took a few more pictures of things on the road.









 It always  amazes me the things people leave rotting in yards across the country, somebody should write a book about them !

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures posted here.The truck beautiful on the roads and is a wonderful and powerful engine too.There is a tough tussle to maintain the market share with so many in business now.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.