Wednesday 11 August 2010

North East pictures and more

This is London in the 21st Century, a stones throw away from the financial district.

I was here on Monday in a hire truck while mine was having her MOT. She passed with flying colours but the last two days in the replacement were terrible. Ive been spoilt having a sleeper because trying to get a few minutes shut eye in a 7.5 t Iveco day cab made me feel like I was strung up on a rack.


 After Houndsditch I was required in Wembley for a delivery here, usually this place is total mayhem.The delivery drivers are law to themselves in their effort to get loaded at any cost, but I was pleasantly surprised. When I arrived, I was met by a  security guard who directed me to a waiting forklift driver. He unloaded me,signed my paperwork and sent me on my way with a smile.


 I hope this stadium is the start of a turnaround for the England team tonight.

This is a Taxi repair center in Wembley.



 I was in the North East today, Nissan first for 8 am and then over to Middlesborough to deliver a load of valves to a manufacturer of oil rigs. As well as lots of wind farms ,they seem to love their steel bridges in this part of the world.






 This is one of the biggest fork lift trucks I have ever seen and he made it look like hard work when he tried to turn it around.


 As well as being slap bang in the middle of Middlesborough it was also in the docks as this ship testifies.







 My last drop was over another bridge in Stockton and then I was back down theA1 and home in time the the football tonight.  Some drivers would take the night out money but I'd rather be home, in my own bed any day.

I did have to take a 2nd 45 minute Tacho break though, right next to one of the Danger Girls, not to bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.