Saturday 13 February 2010

A slow recovery

I called the post a slow recovery not because Gordon Browns financial stimulus is taking a long time to turn around  the British economy but because my mouth is still bloody killing me, a week and a half after having surgery its still virtually imposible to talk without wincing or swallow without wishing I hadn't .

That feeling of self pity  has filtered down into my blog sadly because I have seen nothing on my travels since I went back to work on Wednesday worthy of writing about but Ill try.
I was in Wales for the first day back at the Wilkinson depot in Magor. After that was a trip to Argos
A few cardif drops at Asda and then I had to make my way up to the West Midlands to collect various pallets for export.
      I was in Cambridge on Thursday and one of my delivery's was to an old World War bunker that was being used as a site office for a building site on the University campus.





 



Thursday was the same and Friday was a monster day delivering wood to hard to find joinery workshops and timber dealers all over Essex.
  Bishop Stortford and Colchester, back to London and then up past Stevenagewhere some of the places I went.
 One place where this slice of tree went was on an old airfield. It came off by hand, along with its five brothers!


 

 
The Air port also doubled as a BMW graveyard and a sprinter van commune. there were dozens of red 08 reg sprinters lined up in rows just parked , who knows why.




I ran out of hours on the A 14 but I didnt know until I got back and took the card out Whoops.!!


 





  

Car of the week is a beauty.
but boat of the week isn't finished yet


I am feeling better now and maybe I went back to work a little bit to soon but I am looking forward to rediscovering my mojo this week, it must be around here somewhere.





1 comment:

  1. Sorry about the slow dental surgery recovery--I spent a week's vacation at Christmas recovering from one myself....absolutely miserable. To top it off, they missed a stitch & I was suffering with a sore jaw while it worked it's way out, yuck.

    Enjoying the pics as always :-)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.