Tuesday 9 February 2010

Lorryday awayday

A week out of the lorry and even though it sounds mad I kind if miss her.

I have been a little distracted while I've been away but now I'm feeling better my mind has wandered back to my little iveco and if she has been treated right since I left her over a week ago .

I am blogging about a trip I took today on another form of transport ( yes drivers there are more than trucks and bikes out there)

I went down to the smoke and thought I'd let the train take the strain.

It only succesed in putting the strain on me.

Countless stops . More red lights than park lane, a reserved seat with complimentary drunk and the cast of skins traveling with me all the way from Sutton to st pancras.

I think I'd be hapier on the m 25. Any way around.

One thing you can't argue with on the train though is the veiw. You see some great sides of your enviroment, good and bad.
















These pictures show the different sides of the tracks, literally.

The new st pancras is amazing though and feautures a wonderful statue at the far end it has multiple sides so I've tried to capture it



































I'm still sitting here after 6 pm because I'm a skinflint and bought a cheapo. Ticket. It's bloody freezing and the veiw ain't warming me up, neither are the cold metal benches I'm forced to sit on because all the indoor places are reserved for diners or first class travellers.

It's only two hours until my train though and I'm glad I brought my gloves with me.
Shame I can't use the iPhone with them on.

Another reason for using the combustion engine, your very own power supply. I've got two hours left here and then the train ride home and the iPhone is nearly flat already.

See you from the warm of the cab tommorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Danny - reading that post I am sure you are happy to get back in the cab! Anyway thanks for making the journey down to the 'Big Smoke' to see us, it was a really good meeting and nice to finally put a face to the blog.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.