Thursday 23 July 2009

The Spy Game

On the way down the motorway this morning this truck went past and woke us all up.


My First drop in London this morning was the easiest place to find and get to I have ever delivered to in London.

I drove down and didnt even have to stop for a red light.

You will be surprised to read then, that it was MI5 's headquarters at Thames House on Millbank.


The Drop was right next to Channel 4 offices.
This is the palace back door A simple drop of six pallets and then off to the next drop, Picadilly Circus, One pallet

These are the landmarks around my drops today.







My next drop was another famous location The Ivy Restaurant .


It was about 9.15 and the place looked empty. I rang the bell and it was answered by a bloke who told me that de livery's were taken at the other door.

Ringing the bell at the other door I was greeted by the same man.

"Same face, different door" I told him. He didn't even respond, he just asked me what I had.

Weird way to run a business, by showing the people who deliver to it utter contempt, but that's show business I guess.

After my brush with celebrity I had a drop at another famous London landmark.


The BT tower had a delivery and a collection. Two pallets and I was back on my way back through London and down to Sutton.


I passed this pub and couldn't help thinking "One small step for Man and a Pint of lager "


I made my way to the M25 and along the way looked out for somewhere to stop.


I had to drive all the way to Toddington Services until I could take a 45 minute rest.
Thats a 3 hour 45 minute drive through London without so much as a lay-by to pull over in.

Something needs to be done about the lack of places to stop.

When I eventually reached the Service Station it was overrun and there was absolutely nothing of any value to buy, even the M&S seems to have lost its value.

Its a whole new post and I will dediacate more time to it when I get off these 4 am starts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.