Wednesday 3 July 2013

The Tool

Being self employed is frightening. 
Every thing about being the only person between you and the breadline is terrifying. Sleepless nights, cold sweats, knotts in your stomach when you suddenly remember a direct debits hitting the bank in the morning. 

It's a ridiculous way to live and try to raise a young family. 

But it's such an incredible feeling being in charge of your own time. 

It's liberating knowing your going to make the school play, parents evening, the doctors appointment it took weeks to arrange. 
You just don't realise how valuable being in charge of your own time really is until your not. 

Circumstances dictate I'm no longer in charge of mine and I can tell you I hate it. 

I would like to think its the same for every one in this profession but I know it's not. 

Lots of regular day drivers will be at home right now after doing there 10 hours in their own comfy truck. 

It's got another mans name down the side of it in massive letters , but they act Like its theirs. Stamping their feet and refusing to do collections , never letting other drivers drive it, refusing point blank to drive anything else. I've seen it all. 
It's why I'm sitting on a bay in a stinker of a wagon after just doing 12 hours in a van and no doubt 3 more in this. 

I should of learned my lesson really but like I said before. Circumstances dictated that I sold my time. It's all I had left
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.