Wednesday 28 July 2010

Planes, trains and pizza boxes

I've been away all week and seeing as I only saw one lorry the whole time I thought i'd post a quick message with a few iPhone pics of the last week.

These first pictures were taken on my flight home.
I was horrified to find out I was on Ryanair, booked through the travel company we used.
We were pleasantly surprised with the service because unless you pay extra there isn't any service.Just a seat on a plane.





Parked secretly away is a rather large peice of scrap.




I was sent out to collect a load from Manchester and quickly realised that the orange boards had to come down.






The office hadnt mentioned any hazardous goods but The 7 trem cards ( now called a dangerous good description notice) were a giveaway.



A worse job than lorry driving has to be dressing up as a pizza box and standing next to traffic lights. This was the third one I saw in Birmingham.



Tuesday morning and the office are up to their old tricks again.

This was found in the back of the truck after my last drop but not a scrap of paperwork for it.

It was meant for a freight forwarder.

My first job after getting back was a 7 am drop in Acrington. It's a 3 hour drive and I was looking forward to a 1 hour kip on the bay while they tipped me.

I was given bay 4 but a Dutch wag and drag was on it. Instead of getting off the bay, he was walking round the yard shouting "Golden Vagina ,Golden Vagina" over and over again at any one who came near him. Most people ran a mile or looked at him like he was mad but lucky me, he came over and gave me his life story only stopping to shout "

Golden Vagina" at passers by. It was only when he told me he buys his tobacco from Luxemburg to make a liitle coffee money and pulled a pouch out of his jacket that I realised he was trying to sell us all Golden Virginia !!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.