Thursday 28 January 2010

The self loading lorry

In the west midlands , time must be a precious commodity, because every time I visit here, I have it stolen from me.

I spent an hour walking around this pressing plant, looking for the only person capable of loading one pallet for the USA onto me.




When I eventually gave up and went back to the lorry I was amazed to see I had been loaded.

The MD was sick of the "I'm on me break mate " brigade and had loaded it himself.


I didn't mess with their power supply, honest.


It was a similar story a mile away in Walsall, but this time it was shift changes to blame.


It's no wonder that companys are closing, because this car parts supplier can't tip any lorrys because it's a shift change.

I'm out side at 1 pm and they can't let me in until 2 pm. If it takes them an hour just to change shifts, how long does it take to make a component.



I was eventually unloaded in Walsall and had to find my way over to a brewery.


It had won awards but they were not for friendliness, efficiency or cleanliness.





I eventually had 6 tonnes of bottled beer loaded on to me, headed for Finland.


This is where the beer went, a Freight forwarder where they were forwarding this bubble car.


Past steptoes shop and off home.


I did my, routine factory walkabout again in Kent on Wednesday but eventually tailifted it off my self and left it for them.


After all that I couldn't leave because, beleive it or not some drivers are cocks as well.


I had to stay "darn sarf" last night so I stopped on the M20 looking for food but I was refused a mortgage. This salad was £3.99 !! It was lettuce and dressing the tasty looking baggette underneath is a whopping £4.29.


This truck tyre gave up. I think it had actually given up a long tine ago but he had driven in on it.



He was carrying this classic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.