Wednesday 6 January 2010

Leave it to the (mostly) Professionals



This blogs formatting has changed over night so please forgive me if its looks wrong.

I was back in London on Jan 2nd delivering to all the best places, here's a sample.


Is this "A" michellin restaurant or "The" michellin Restaurant ?








Missed the Harrods Sales because it was to early.

Not many people waiting, probably all over by January though.





The new week brought a whole new situation.

Extreme weather.

I relish the harsh weather conditions because it seperates the wheat from the chaff.


In my experience, most car drivers stay away from the roads in bad weather, I think thats why most organisations broadcast  hysterical bulletins, warning of impending doom and gloom.

Its  to scare the majority of motorist off the roads.

 Most drivers out today, Wedesday, were exemplary. Lorry drivers and car drivers in perfect harmany.

It was as if we were all in it together, battling the elemants,united and fighting for a  common cause.

Us aggainst Mother Nature. We were taking her on and winning.

Now dont get me wrong, we weren't fighting snow storms   drifts or  blizzards, but I did see at least 15 centimetres of snow on the side of the  M4 this morning, and my hair was blown around quite a bit while I was filling up with fuel later on as well.



I did see one drama out on the M4 this morning



I went over the Severn bridge into Wales and some ice blew off the bridge and just missed me. They normally close the bridge when that happens so we were definitley in danger.

Seen the price of crossing into Wales? Good job its free to get back !



But seriously, all the reports and news flashes and extended weather reports must of acheived something because I went from Leicester to Milton park in Oxford and then over the bridge to Wales, back up the M5 to Stroud and then home again and  I didn't encounter more than 30 minutes of delays throughout the day.






Most drivers, drove like gentleman (See exception's to the rule above ) and were considerate and paitent and made the whole days journeys a pleasure.



Ill leave you with this thought "Are you cool enough?" I think she was lost, it was bloody freezing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.