Thursday 21 January 2010

A Drivers first port of Call


A few pictures of the last few days.



In the city bright and early I was delivering on London Bridge.


This part of London is Sat Nav hell, I dont know why but mine always cuts out in this area.


I took this route home.

After My excitement in London, Thursday, was a day struggling to get around the West Midlands in record time.

I was in Coventry and a familier sight for us drivers, Tiny windows to stand at and wait like good little boys.


My first drop was next door to the home of the AGA. my mums most treasured possession.




This was where I was going,  the world dominating Wolsey Group.
No matter where I have been in the Country I have always seen one of their brands next or near to it.

It is also home to the smallest drivers facility in the world.

 
The other sign says  Drivers wait in the yellow area.!!!!






This was my load at Wolsey going on.




I was on Bay 9 at Wolsey and then this crane decided to park opposite me and unload a lorry load of Forklifts.


This bloke was doing a "Miracle Walk" for the fallen soldiers but most cars were flying past him in a rush to get to work.




My ideal job.
I'd love to deliver these for a living.




These  Silver Surfers  harrassed me on the motorway and stuck to my right all the way through the 50 MPH roadworks, at 40 !!!!!Then as you can see they rip away as the speed limits ends and leave me standing!



I have never seen this RAC centre from this angle before, normally its from the M6 when I crawl past but today I collected from right behind it.



I have not seen any decent vans for ages but this one was very special looking, it was immaculate but its only when you look closer that you realise why, 


Its actually a 59 reg brand new, brazilian import. See the shape of the roof, and from the front you would see it had a radiator!
A radiator in a  VW Camper?  Ughh.

 


This was an old delivery in Birmingham that I used to do but Staples haver taken it over now, it was the smoothest and the fastest Staples I have ever delivered to, lets hope it stays that way.




I had a load of Underfloor heating for a metal recycler in Birmingham , they used to be called  Scrap dealers before New Labour.

They had me drive onto the weighbridge and issued me a ticket, pity they didn't pay me for the Tonne I had just dropped off as well, that would of been a result.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.