Thursday 8 October 2009

Rejected , refused , sent packing, what a waste!


First Day out in the 18 tonner for weeks and it turned out to be another 15 pallet, 15 drop day.

It was all around the villages of Leicestershire including a few very pretty but also very tiny farms.



The pallet for this farm was the size of a cowpat but I had to go through three sets of electric gates, down a long drive, past this house and into the courtyard beyond to deliver it.

My next delivery couldn't of been any more different.

It was only a few miles away but before I could get into the premises I had to wait to be directed past ....... A train !!


The man in the Hi Viz is very important, he waves his arms as you go buy and without him you wouldn't be able to get past. Honest.!


I had loads of other encounters throughout the day but most happen so fast they are hardly worth speaking about so a few pictures will speak for me.

Instead of a car of the day I have decided to award a Hedge of the day today.

This was my last drop of the day before a collection of crimble cakes that filled the truck up and had me sweating in the back loading them off the back door with a pallet truck.


This was going north today on the way to a complete waste of time.

For people of a sensitive disposition look away now because some RDC,s don't keep the bays as clean as they should do.

I was in Pontefract today at a budget supermarket at 6.30 am for a 7 am slot.

I was sent to the bay and had to pull right up to this lovely sight.

It was a squashed rabbit, right in line with eddies front wheels.

I was in the 7.5 today again so I had a close up view of this poor little wabbit as the crows, picked and pecked over its corpse right in front of my windscreen.

I went into the goods in handed in the paperwork, signed my life away regarding the self tip policy that they have and went and stood by my bay.

I pulled the pallets off and then waited next to them for grumpy the dwarf to check them over and sign my release papers , (I mean my notes) and make my escape.

Well grumpy ummed and ehhrred and oohhhhd and ahhrred and then went to find somebody with more authority than him , (not hard I would imagine)

He eventually came back and had turned into Happy, Hurray I thought at last I'm out.

I'm sorry to say that the reason for his complete change in persona from joyless porg into happy elf was to my downfall.

"Were refusing you drive" he said , with a smile on his face."We cant match the order numbers up".

"The boxes have 60 pieces in and our paperwork says they meant to have 20 in, they all gotta go back"

I went back out to the front and was handed back my keys. It was like a light had been shone on all the staff , I had unknowingly made all of their days.

They all looked, and acted, overjoyed.

There was nothing I could say really they had made up their mind so It was time to call the boss and explain why I would be carrying an extra ton around with me for the rest of the day.

There was one thing I wish I had of said though. It went some thing like this.

"Stuff your stupid store , and for fuck sake, clean the dead rabbit off your bay!"

2 comments:

  1. why did you not clean up the rabbit i cant stand lasy drivers

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL at the last line! Yeah, not too fond of grocery stores or warehouses myself. The hedge of the day picture is awesome, but can't help but think that's somebody with entirely too much time on their hands :)

    Gabby

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.