Tuesday 13 October 2009






I was on sick cover today and was expecting an early morning wake up call.

As it turned out I wasn't needed until 10.

I finally got a lorry at 11 it was a 26 tonner. I was sent over to Burton on Trent for a 12.30 drop at Waterstones.

After a bit of messing around with different departments I was unloaded .

After driving back with the orange light flashing and no one in the office willing to divulge the fuel card pin number I was heading for our fuel bunker in Lutterworth.

They were busy mending this trailor !!!

A huge hiss of air as i released the fuel cap told me I was pretty much running on fumes so the took eventually took over 250 litres.


I rang the office and was told to come back and collect another lorry and take it to get loaded.

It was another 26 tonner, this time it was a scania that normally carried one of our moffets.

I had it loaded and back within the hour and then just when I thought I would be finished I was given yet another wagon , this time it was an 18 ton Iveco stralis I had to take it over to one of our high security customers and get loaded. I was given a security cord to wrap around the truck and left in this cage while they loaded it up.

The office rang and said I was taking the 26 tonner to stoke and Stafford in the morning and that's where I am now,sat in Screwfix in stoke, locked out of my cab in their drivers room where I took the precaution of bringing my laptop with me just in case I was here a while.

The new rules at this depot mean you cant sit inside your cab while you are tipped. The room is ok but If I didn't have this I would be struggling to entertain myself with this radio station playing Vera Lyyn !..

I got out of the war years and now I'm at the other Screwfix depot in Stafford This time I'm allowed to sit in my cab.

I am on the bay and waiting for my green light to turn red.


I went over to Wincanton to load a wagon for thatcham and then I was allowed to go home early.

Im going to maccesfield in the morning in another Iveco stralis and then next monday I get my own truck at last.


Its an Iveco Eurocargo 12 tonner on a 59 plate. I have enjoyed driving the big trucks again but I will stick with the newe iveco for a while as it gives me stability and it also means I dont have to drag a massive bag around with me everday and search for a reg number in the dark anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.