Thursday 24 September 2009

A week of pictures



I was out every morning before 5 am this week and although it shows In my pay packet, It also shows in my eyes.

I'm shattered and after a week of sleeping and driving and driving and sleeping I have had no time for anything else.

I have taken pictures of my week on the road and I have tried to post some stuff but I had a software failure out on the road while using Explorer instead of my preferred browser Firefox!

When I arrive at home its a quick shower, dinner with the kids and then I'm in bed just after them so I have had no time to write the blog up.

Here is the week as I remember it in pictures.

A very pretty farm my first drop of the day

This was the M25 usually such a bleak place to be in the morning but this was the start of a great day( weather wise at least)



This is what it soon turned into .

I was wondering how this driver could see out of his windows.
Another early morning and sitting at the customer until 9 am waiting for them to turn up.
This was new when I arrived. The M25 again and this was 6.30 in the morning. messed up the rest of my day as well by making me late in .......
Chelsea.............

Earls Court............

White City..............And Wembley.I was just making up time and hoping for an early finish for Friday when I turned up at my last drop of the day at a place just off Wembley way called Europarts.

It should be called Europrats because they couldn't organise a car parts center at Wembley.

The customer car park is here.Exactly the same place as every single goods in wagons entrance and all of their own dispatch vans as well. Its like Piccadilly circus, nothings moving. except its noisier because everyone seemed to be leaning on their horns.Their own wagons were arriving and cutting in front of genuine car part customers and hurling abuse at them if they so much showed a raised eyebrow.

The store security were little more than useless and did nothing to help the mayhem.
I just parked up out the way until it sorted itself out and the coast was clear.


I was making good progress back home on the M1 until this car decided to say hello to the crash barrier and slow 18 miles of motorway down to a crawl.It was just before Toddington and because I had been practically crawling along since London I stopped for a 45 minute break and found the car of the day.

Its not this though and its not a car...............................



Its This ,I have asked the experts at the big lorry blog to explain what it is but it looked very sure of itself to me.






I'm back out in the Go Cart on Monday , switches for gears so Ill have more time to fire off my screen mounted camera .

1 comment:

  1. I always wonder the same thing when I see a truck all cluttered up with knick-knacks, signs, paperwork, etc. all over the dash and windows.
    1)all that stuff is going to come flying back at the driver in an emergency stop or huge bump
    2)How can they see the traffic around them?
    3)Might as well put up a huge flashing sign to the DOT saying "Inspect Me!" over here, lol

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.