Thursday 3 September 2009

A long day made longer

I wrote this post just after I got home from work and I was pretty pissed off at the time.

I didn't post it on the night because I wanted to reflect on how I felt and I didn't want to say things I didn't mean, well I have reflected and I still want to say these things.

I have no hard feelings against work though and I would never be deliberately disruptive or awkward. I just want to stay legal.


This is the original post

A long day is made a lot longer when you are not appreciated.

I will tell you about my day and why I am feeling pissed off.

Its the first time I have felt like this since starting this job but its my own fault and has been coming for a while.

I was meant to be at a very important customer of ours in Norwich for eight and that means me leaving the yard in Leicester at 4.30.

I usually get there at about 7.30 and have to wait for the staff to arrive.

I am asked (told) to leave the truck on break while tipping ,which usually takes about 2 hours.

I picked up a Pallet of returns from Norwich as well as the nine empty ones from my delivery.

I set off at 10 o-clock to Lowestoft to deliver One pallet to a plumbers yard.


Straight out of their yard and on to PTS in Attleborough.

I was there for about ten minutes and then I had to get to Cambridge for an important collection that was due on an aeroplane for Friday.

This was the train crossing at Attleborough.
This was a sign for self pick Strawberries , what else?



This was the view from the cab at Snetterton.


I spent 15 minutes at the Cambridge collection and put it on break again, even though I was tipping for nine of those minutes.

I was very low on driving time by now so I rang the office and explained I was going to be 30 minutes late for my Corby collection.

I was meant to be there before 3 pm because that's when they close.

I rang the office and explained but the manager told me to go for it and get there for 3 o-clock

Like a fool I did. It put me five minutes over my 2nd 4.30 hours driving period.

I was really low on fuel and had to ring in for a fuel card pin number and drive a little out of my way to get to a BP garage.

I was asked to collect 2 plts from one of our regulars.

I went back down the A14 and up the M1 . Just as I was about to Join the motorway , a few miles from my drop, the same TM rang to berate me for choosing the wrong route and asking why I hadn't gone across country through Market Harborough.

I have been both ways before and I know that the main road is always faster, so why would he even bother trying to piss off a driver who has flogged himself all day and only had a 30 minute break on a 13 hour shift?



Sometimes this job( Lorry drivng) is shit!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.