Saturday 18 July 2009

Cool car of the week this week is this Rally Cortina .



I started early and had to drop a portable kitchen off at Brunel University in Uxbridge for a Graduation Party.


After a few hours on the motorway network I arrived.

I met up with the team of engineers who were going to build the coldrooms, set up the ovens and build the rest of the equipment and then went looking for the set up area.





It was at the end of this track and when we got into position we unloaded.


It took a few hours to get everything off because it was packed to the ceiling of an Iveco Stralis 18 tonner.

I went back up to Leicester with a load of frames that the kitchen equipment came with and caused a few problems for the planners back in the office because they wanted me to collect another full load on the way back up.

A stop in Toddington services to meet with one of our moffet drivers had us using the Toddinton lorry park as our own private yard while we swapped loads around , me, the moffet and one of our artics with another problem pallet, blocked the exit for ten minutes in the torrential rain and caused a few drivers to lean on the horn.

The poor moffet driver then had all his own delivery's to make and shift all his stuff around to make room for all our crap.
I don't think ill be going in for my moffet licence !! .



We had a lot of work appear on Thursday and our yard was really busy. The forklift drivers are doing there best to unload us all.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.