Friday 19 June 2009

A Norfolk Clearout



I was all set for another night in my new home on Thursday night after being sent up to Norwich on a late job.
I was supposed to collect at 5pm and would need to deliver the next morning.
I got there a lot earlier than 5 and found out that it was a repossession job.

It was a card shop that had gone bust the day before and even though the staff had been made redundant they were still helping to load all the fittings into my lorry.

They did it in really good humour and were a credit to their company.




Because the shopfitters and the shop staff all helped out and loaded me I was able to get away before I ran out of driving hours and make good progress getting home.

It was a fairly easy day and I was happy to be back at home and putting the kids to bed rather than tucking myself up in a lay by somewhere alone again.

I had a late start in the morning because the firm taking charge of the repossession didn't want the fittings back until much later.


I think batman was late but robin had it covered and seemed pretty laid back.

The rest of the day was pretty ordinary and I drove up to Birmingham for a few collections.

The M6 was pretty slow around junction 6 and I soon found out the reason why,

One of these was going the wrong way.

The weekend was taking ages to arrive and I couldn't wait to get out of the truck and get back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.