Saturday 16 November 2013

Lorry Days, I love Em !!

The week was a good one really, no difficult deliveries and nice long days being left alone by the office.
Ran out of hours in Lymm and had a really long sleep from 5 pm until about 2 am before I realised and then woke to the sound of the rain thundering down on the tin roof of the scania.

The wind picked up and that slowed me down going over the M62 to Huddersfield where I had the trickiest 1 pallet collection of my life !
A tiny engineering place in the middle of a town called Honley. It would be easy if you knew it but finding it for the first time was a nightmare, I found it and then the lift truck driver told me that usually the bigger trucks park up and ring them and they bring the goods over to them, "your lot usually send a 7 1/2" he shouted out to me while i was busy fending off the school run mums and the doctors daily line up of poorly pensioners !
I escaped with my dignity,  just, and set off back home with my 1 precious pallet to Brush, home of the electric motor and an amazing engineering complex. Its a funny old place, a bit like a time warp, jobs that just seem to be for one bloke,
I mean if you have a pallet for a certain part or division then nobody else apart from that one man can take it off, the tricky part being that you're not allowed to know who that person is until the last one has come and looked and tutted and grimaced and then went away again. I got the name of the man I wanted after a few had inspected the pallet.
he;s on break mate, ill send him over after!
Lorrydays , I love em !!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.