Saturday 22 June 2013

The longest Day

Yesterday  was summer solstice,the longest day and very apt for me as I was thrown a surprise job that few drivers would of been happy with and even fewer would of accepted. 
12:30 pm. Call from planner. 
"Get out of your truck and jump into this blokes truck who's pulling in the yard in a minute. Pick up 1 item from Rugby and a 2nd man  and head to Cardiff." 

Fridge delivery up on the 10th floor of a private address and bring the old fridge back was the actual job. Unhappy customer trying to be placated was the reason a £500 delivery job was scheduled for a Friday afternoon with a two man crew in an otherwise empty truck. 
Fair play to the manufacturer for going the extra miles, or 140 in this case but poor me for having to be the saviour of their weekend gathering with friends.




The pictures are not of the actual job or truck as I'm very discreet and any private  customers and business practices will be respected. This blog is my own personal views and a record of my travels. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.