Thursday 11 October 2012

The invisible man ( & truck )

The man inside this glass office can't see me and he can't see my big white truck either.



It's parked right outside his office but he can't see it.

I have always  believed I am a well mannered person.

I also expect other people to have manners as well, although I don't know why I expect that,because I've been a lorry driver long enough now.

What other industry would treat a stranger, stood in their premises with a piece of paper and up to 44 tones of equipment outside, so appallingly.

Do strangers wander around these places so often that we have become invisible. ?

Is our standard issue,yellow hi viz vest, helping us all to become anonymous ?

I have started taking my hi viz off now and it's amazing how I suddenly become noticeable.

It's like slipping off my invisibility cloak and appearing out of nowhere.

Every jobsworth in the company now stops me and tells me what I need to be wearing , funny that no body stopped me before to ask me what I wanted?

Lorry drivers get treated badly, we all know that, but why and how can we change things.

Leaning through the glass and dragging a few clerks around might make us feel better for a minute, but they would only make the glass thicker and the windows smaller.

If these places actually cared about the kind of people their staff were, it would be a completely different story but I'm afraid the truth is,they don't.

This post was going to be about white ( or brown ) van man but he will have to wait because this came to me on my last but one collection.




Another typical notice that we see in lots of places these days. Its actually illegal not to provide toilet facilities to visitors to any business premises. but who cares?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.