Tuesday 16 October 2012

Rough with the smooth

I talk a lot in this blog about the long hours, the early starts and the shifts that go wrong.

Sometimes you can get a lot of these shifts in a row, it's called a working week. Day after day of early starts, late nights and hard to deliver loads.

I was looking at one of those weeks yesterday, when I started at 5 and was due in Bridgetown for 9.
I was on schedule but with 12 miles to go on the M5, I hit traffic, due to an accident and everything stopped.
My delivery time came and went and I was eventually held up for over three hours at the RDC.

With severn more deliverys in and around Bristol still to make, I was fighting an uphill struggle.

I managed to get everything delivered by 5 pm and headed back up the M5, eventually arriving back at base at 7.30 pm.

On the way back I was given my run and truck number for the next day.
My old 12 tonner and a 9 am start, one drop fradley and a collection at 2 pm.
That a nice, relaxing day. The only thing I have to worry about is not falling asleep for to long and miss my 2 pm arrival time.
Well I got here nice and early and since the last time I was here they have built a macdonalds. Nothing for me though I ate out last night. ( see pics).

In this job you have to take the rough with the smooth, it's just a shame that there is usually a lot more rough than smooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.