Wednesday 3 March 2010

Night shift

Having run out of days off due to health issues I have found myself having to make days up that I have missed.
Thats why I found myself leaving the yard for an 8 pm delivery at Asda in Doncastor while everyone else was clocking off on Monday night.



I parked next to this and honestly thought i'd be waiting ages but luckily they chose me first.



I went in for my paperwork after being unloaded but they made me wait ages. Everybody had gone by the time I was given my paperwork,including all my neighbours.



I arrived back in our office at midnight and found out I was in Wales in the morning. Not a drop in Wales but all of Wales



It was nice not be near a motorway all day but it was heavy going and after roads, hills, more hills, cottages and even more roads I ran out of driving hours.































I had to stop at a 24 hour cafe in a layby in Shrewsbury.They did a lovely steak sandwich.

Luckily I was tucked up in bed by 9 pm because my office wanted me back for loading at 6.

When I arrived back, I saw those five letters that all drivers dread NETTO.



This has to be one of the worst drops in any drivers life.

You take your stuff off yourself while the staff make it as hard as possible for you.



The last time I was here, there was a splattered rabbit on my bay.



I was tested at Netto today but let's just say my mouth still tastes of lip.



I saw some very closely parked trucks going to a daf factory.



I have no idea what make of car this is but it was immaculate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.